by admin | February 23, 2012 6:06 am
Dried Cantaloupe might not be something you would think of right away in dried fruits, but it makes great snack food as well as a great addition in trail mix that will help spruce up your trail mix with a little extra something.
- Remove the cantaloupe’s rind and seeds – which can be saved for planting if your own garden if you are interested!
- Cut the cantaloupe into bite-sized pieces about 1/4″ thick, or into thin wedges.
- Dry the cantaloupe in your dehydrator for 10-16 hours at 135 degrees F.
- Store dried cantaloupe in a clean, dry, and airtight container out of light.
It’s not recommended that you rehydrate cantaloupe. Just use it as a snack or as an addition to a trail mix.
- [Image]: http://thedisasterkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/melionai.jpg
- dehydrator : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CEM3WM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thedisasterkits-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000CEM3WM
Source URL: https://thedisasterkits.com/dehydrating-cantaloupe/
Copyright ©2021 Disaster Kits unless otherwise noted.